You are here
Am I eligible?
Who is Eligible for HEAF?
HEAF looks for students who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, academic motivation, personal resiliency, and self-discipline.
- Currently attend a NYC public or parochial school
- Strong desire to attend a four-year college or university
- Have a minimum GPA of 80% with no grade below 80% in a core subject (Math, English/ELA, Science, or Social Studies)
- Have scores of 3 or 4 on the New York State standardized tests (or score in the 60th percentile or higher on the ITBS test)
- High school applicants must have a minimum score of 75% or above on their Math and English regents exams.
- Middle school applicants must be committed to attending a competitive New York City public high school from among those schools listed on the "HEAF Approved High Schools" list.
- Good school attendance
- Availability to participate in all mandatory HEAF program activities
- Currently be in grades 5 through 10. (We work with students from sixth grade until college graduation, but students may only apply to the program between the final semester of the fifth grade year and the final semester of the tenth grade year.)