You are here
High Expectations: For Grades 6-8
Our middle school program, High Expectations, offers high-potential students intensive academic acceleration as well as guidance to ensure admittance to the most competitive public high schools in
Students in High Expectations attend programming after school, on Saturdays and during the summer. Class sizes are small so that students can benefit from individualized attention.
- Academic advisement for students and parents about NYC's best high school options
- HEAF Saturday Academy
- After-school classes
- Test preparation for the New York City High School Entrance Placement Exam (HSEP), the city-wide ELA, and for 8th graders, the Specialized High Schools Admissions Text (SHSAT)
- Youth leadership development and retreats that include: problem solving, communications and team-building workshops
- College workshops and tours
- HEAF Summer Quest: A summer enrichment camp
Do you have what it takes to be a HEAF student? Visit our Admissions page for more information.